I attempted to keep a photo journal of the birthday celebrations from yesterday! And so began my 27th birthday celebration.
The celebrations began with a bouquet of roses that arrived Saturday from Ecuador! Mike likes me to be able to enjoy the flowers a few days before my birthday as well as on my special day. They smell wonderful!
On my actual birthday, the office surprised me with some cookies from a highly secretive bakery in town. They were quite delish.
My friend Ashley gave me a super sweet new running hat with my very first monogram! I’m pumped to debut it this week at track practice.
I came home from a good day at work to a few packages, sweet cards from family and little treats from Mom and Dad. Mike surprised me with a cookie cake (he had them decorate it with a triathlete image… so awesome!) and a certificate for a massage at a local place. Yessssss. Avi of course was super involved in the celebrations, especially when it came to the eating of the cookie cake.
We then finished out our evening enjoying Mexican at a new place a friend suggested and took a little shopping trip to JCPenny… 20% off storewide then an extra 15% off from my email coupon… yes please, I’ll have one of each!
Just all around a great day and night, celebrating all of the blessings God has allowed me to enjoy.
And I made up for all of those blessing with a killer sweat session this morning of heavy weights and wind sprints on the treadmill! Happy day after Birthday to me!
We are actually having a spring season this year!! Our winter lasted way later than anticipated (but likely started later than it should have) and usually goes straight from winter to summer. Spring has sprung – trees are green, azaleas are blooming, tulips are finished and most importantly spring training has begun. We have cool nights and mornings and warm afternoons. It’s awesome! (But summer’s a-comin’ and that’s my favorite!)
Springtime brings the beginning of triathlon training. Triathlon training brings exciting and not so exciting things.
Not so exciting things:
- Mountains of laundry (we’re only 2 people!)
- Food crisis – With limited time and increased fuel needs, food consumption can become more of what is quick and easy than what is nutritious. The cravings of a person who rode 30+mile bike ride only to follow it with a run tend to be quite strong.
- Really really really sore muscles
- Lots of dirty dishes
- House chores that suffer (i.e. lots of water bottles and dog hair everywhere!)
The good part is although the season brings challenges there are exciting things as well (otherwise we wouldn’t torture ourselves).
- Precious time with our pup (spring training adds anywhere from 10-20 hours a week that we’re out of the house, so we take advantage of time together when we can)
- Body Change
- Sweat Sessions
- Pushing ourselves
- Learning to clean my bike chain (note to self- maybe you should not let an entire year pass by before you clean your chain again!)
- Early bedtimes!
- Early Mornings
- New “equipment” -shoes, outfits, swimsuits, etc
Overall this picture describes our feelings on the spring season… Crazy eyes, grin or gritting your teeth (both probably apply) and thumbs up that we’re ready to face what comes our way. Happy Spring to you!!