We had a snowy day last week!! After raining for 7 days straight, the temperatures finally got cold enough to grace us with some snow. The day switched from pouring rain to pouring wet heavy icy snow and within an hour and a half we were under about 2 inches of the stuff. Schools let out early, offices closed early and we all began the trek home (Mike and I only got out about 1/2 an hour early…). It was quite pretty until it turned to ice the next day, but we were not slowed down and still went into the office.
Here are a few pictures from the day..
cemetery on my drive home
two tracking “southern style”
Mike snow shoveling! He did have whole shoes on but that’s only because he has to wear them to work and he started shoveling right when he got home
And then my sister and I went to the gym that night. No sense in changing our schedule just for some snow!
It’s that time again to lay out some dreams for the new year. I do believe it is important to asses each year that passes, what we’ve done well, what ywe’ve enjoyed, what you can improve upon, etc. It is also important to set out new year goals because
So here it goes!
- Get on a boat!! We are super excited this year to put our toys to use and get on the water thanks to Mike’s new job.
- Destination Triathlon – We love being able to train and race in Knoxville but sometimes it’s nice to challenge ourselves outside of the area.
- Another big trip!! We are praying about traveling with our students again, possibly in a different capacity. Stay tuned. (Use of passports is a bonus!)
- Make it to Ikea – from last year I know… it’s still on the list
- See the lightning bugs phenomenon – again another last year goal
- Hike Mount LeConte – we loved our hiking experience in Poland… now to bring it home
- Paint a few rooms in the house – after the window install, it’s time to refresh a few rooms, plus I’m getting the itch
- Mike – gain 20lbs of muscle mass by end of March =)
- Katie – make dried blueberries/strawberries. I enjoy dried fruit and want to try it myself
- Travel to visit friends and family
- Take a get-away together like we did last year. Maybe a cabin?!?
- Continue the room-by-room purge throughout the house (at a minimum… clean out the bunk bed room – my nightmare)
- Give more generously
- Take some 5 year family pics or just pics in general… maybe with Bill Roop Photography?!?! Love this guy
- CELEBRATE 5 YEARS OF MARRIAGE!!!
Praying for another great year of growth and togetherness.
We celebrated our final Christmas this past weekend… or we got a jump start on Christmas 2013?!?! Either way =) travel/holiday season is coming to a close for us.
This Christmas celebration was with my mom and her side of the family (as many as could attend). We met up at my aunt’s cabin near Lake Lure, NC and enjoyed a beautiful weekend of good fellowship, food and views. Here are a few shots I captured over the weekend.
The guys putting together a bed frame. Henry – the acting professor, Pops – the supervisor, Mike – the grunt worker
Exploring an abandoned barn/homestead
My version of this picture – Mom was making Henry walk the plank and since he showed a bit of fear, she made him put his hands in his pockets so he couldn’t catch himself if/when he fell. =)
My crazy awesome candle. And Mike with a lace headband and his gift card inside.
Out on another trek through the woods
The only other person on this side of the family with curly hair. Love you Jess!
The “Balds” (as they call themselves)
hanging around the house
more hanging out
and even more hanging out
I’m really thankful we were able to spend another year together! Love you all. And we love our new bedspread and towels and other treats (and the crazy candle is currently set up on my desk!).